We are keen to invite bright, qualified and committed professionals to apply for the following job opportunity in a credit rating company based in Hong Kong.
As an Analyst within the analytical team you are expected to provide high quality, timely analysis, and concise reports with respect to the financial strength of a portfolio of companies primarily in China & Hong Kong, under the close supervision and direction of senior analysts, and acting at all times with the highest standards of professional excellence, ethics and integrity.
- Input key figures from company’s financial statements and ensure their accuracy and completeness
- Make standard financial adjustments according to the prescribed procedure
- Perform accurate and timely credit rating and peer analysis
- Produce timely and high-quality credit committee packages to support the proposed ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations to be reviewed and updated by the analytical team leader or senior analyst
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional developments through continued professional development and learning which include undertaking research, attending seminars, market briefings, and presentations etc.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of rating documentation in accordance with the prescribed procedure
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and collect market intelligence periodically
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Business travel is required
Required Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor degree is required (ideally in Accounting or Finance)
- Minimum 0 to 2 years of experience in accounting/finance or related industries
- Applicants with credit rating experience are highly desired but not essential
- Strong accounting knowledge is essential
- Practical knowledge of Chinese business environment is ideal
- Understanding of Chinese culture is ideal, and ability to build rapport with Chinese counterparts
- Fluency in Putonghua (native) and English are essential (both in written and verbal)
- Articular and presentable with a strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to absorb ideas and facts quickly while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- Ability to learn new skills with a steep learning curve
- Ability to multitask, improvise, and work under pressure
- Commitment to teamwork is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We are a Hong Kong-based subsidiary of one of the major credit rating companies in China. We offer a competitive salary, 5-day work week, medical and dental insurance, and performance bonus.
If you are interested in this role, please send your full resume together with your current and expected salary to us
Personal information received from applicants will be kept confidential and used for the purpose of employment only.