We are keen to invite bright, qualified and committed professionals to apply for the following job opportunity in a credit rating company based in Hong Kong.
As an Associate within the analytical team you are expected to provide high quality, timely analysis, and concise reports with respect to the financial strength of a portfolio of issuers, mainly banks and non-bank financial institutions in the greater China region (China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), under the close supervision and direction of senior analysts, and acting at all times with the highest standards of professional excellence, ethics and integrity.
- Conduct thorough and objective industry and company research with respect to financial and operational information, including audited financial statements, public accounts, and other relevant management information.
- Perform accurate and timely credit rating and peer analysis.
- Produce timely and high-quality credit reports to support the proposed ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations to be reviewed and updated by the analytical team leader or senior analyst.
- Present analysis at credit rating committees.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional developments through continued professional development and learning which include undertaking research, attending seminars, market briefings, and presentations etc.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients with respect to information requests and rating decisions, actively participate in discussions with target company management and other meetings.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of rating documentation in accordance with prescribed procedure.
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements, follow policies & procedures and rating criteria used in rating and project work related to your functional area
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Business travel is required
Required Qualifications & Attributes:
- University degree (ideally in Economics or Finance) is required
- Minimum three years of experience within the credit rating industry is essential; experience at credit rating agencies is a plus
- Exposure towards financial institutions in the greater China region is ideal but not essential
- Understanding of financial markets; economic / industry trends, financial ratios and financial statement analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in Putonghua (native) and English are essential (both in written and verbal)
- Confidence in undertaking due diligence process with client facing experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; superior time management skills; the ability to absorb ideas and facts quickly while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- Ability to learn new skills with a steep learning curve and able to improvise under time and resource constraints
- Commitment to teamwork is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We are a Hong Kong-based subsidiary of one of the major credit rating companies in China. We offer a competitive salary, 5-day work week, medical and dental insurance, and performance bonus.
If you are interested in this role, please send your full resume together with your current and expected salary to us
Personal information received from applicants will be kept confidential and used for the purpose of employment only.